Bookmark and Share Subscribe
San Francisco City Clinic Search
Ask Dr. K

After about 6 months of being separated from my ex I began to have a burning sensation and odor in my penis. I also have pain in one of my testicles. We only had oral sex and I have not had sex with anyone else since the breakup. What could be happening?

Anal/Vaginal sex are not the only ways you can contract STDs. Performing and recieving oral sex can also put you at risk for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, or Herpes.

STD symptoms donít always show up in all infected persons, or can take a long time before they do. Visiting your doctor and getting tested for STDs is the best way to narrow down what might be going on. Visit your local health care provider and get tested for STDs as soon as possible. Most doctors now use a urine test, so itís pain free!

To get tested, visit City Clinic for information about testing in San Francisco or visit and look for your city or State. If not there, try or call the CDC National Hotline for services near you: 1-800-CDC-INFO.

To your health,
Dr. K

Last modified on Thursday, November 19, 2009.
Privacy Policy | Photo Disclaimer | Feedback
©2018 Department of Public Health, City & County of San Francisco.